During December, I read a combination of library books as well as some books I own. The library books were books I had put on hold as I had seen recommendations on Instagram.
The other novels I read were ones that I had at home. Three of them I chose because they were Christmas-themed and I felt they would put me in the mood for the Holidays.
My total for the month was 7 novels. Even though I was on break for the last week of December, going on a family vacation meant that I did not do too much reading and instead spent the time with my family. Below is the list of books that I read. To read my reviews (if you haven’t already), click on the title and you will be able to visit my post:
- Joanna Goodman The Home for Unwanted Girls – Historical Fiction ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ stars
- Sarah Morgan A Wedding in December – Romance, Women’s Fiction ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ stars
- Sarah Smith Faker – Romance, Women’s Fiction ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ stars
- Melissa de la Cruz Pride, Prejudice and Mistletoe – Romance, Women’s Fiction ⭐️⭐️ stars
- Kristen Rockaway How To Hack A Heartbreak – Romance, Women’s Fiction ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ stars
- Karen Swan The Christmas Secret – Romance, Women’s Fiction ⭐️⭐️⭐️ stars
- C. J. Tudor The Taking of Annie Thorne – Thriller, Mystery, Horror ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ stars
Even though I read a number of enjoyable novels in December, the one that stood out for me was C. J. Tudor’s novel The Taking of Annie Thorne. Not only was the story perfectly paced, but the writing was spot on. I was really impressed.
I hope you enjoyed a number of novels in December. What was your favourite read? Share your choice, or the link to your post, in the comments below.
© Colline Kook-Chun, 2020