I cannot believe how many books I read during May – thirteen! I did spend the long weekend sick and I had no interest in watching TV, so I guess that accounts for it.
The first books I read were the ones I had grabbed from the library. To read my reviews (if you haven’t already), click on the title in the following list:
- Phaedra Patrick The Library of Lost and Found – Contemporary Women’s Fiction ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 stars
- Jessica Barry Freefall – Thriller ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 3 stars
- Kathy Wang Family Trust – Contemporary Women’s Fiction ⭐️ 1 star
The rest of the books I read in May were either novels I had bought or ARCs I had received from Harper Collins Canada.
- Maya Motayne Nocturna – YA Fantasy ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 stars
- Dev Sonali Pride, Prejudice and Other Flavours – Romance ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 stars
- Kaira Rouda The Favourite Daughter – Thriller ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 3 stars
- Erin Davis Mourning Has Broken – Memoir ⭐️ 1 star
- Farah Heron The Chai Factor – Romance ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 stars
- Amy Lloyd One More Lie – Thriller ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 3 stars
- Sophie Kinsella I Owe You One – Romance ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 stars
- Jessie Kwak Double Edged – Science Fiction ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 stars
- Anouska Knight Since You’ve Been Gone – Romance ⭐️⭐️ 2 stars
- Kirsty Manning The Song of the Jade Lily – Historical Fiction ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 stars
I read so many good books during May (with a couple of disappointing ones). My favourites were The Song of the Jade Lily by Kirsty Manning, The Library of Lost and Found by Phaedra Patrick, and Dev Sonali’s Pride, Prejudice and Other Flavours. Even though I loved the historical fiction and contemporary novel, my choice for the title Book of the Month has to go to Sonali’s Pride and Prejudice retelling. She did justice to Austen’s story and added her own spin to it. This is definitely a story I will re-read in the future.
I hope you read as many wonderful stories as I did in May. What was your favourite read? Share your choice, or the link to your post, below.
© Colline Kook-Chun, 2019