It was not surprising to me that I was able to read 10 books during the month of April as the Easter weekend gave me two extra days in which to stay in and immerse myself in stories. As well as a poetry collection, I read some contemporary romance, an historical novel, one young adult story, and a number of thrillers. Of the ten books I picked up, I was disappointed with only one.
The titles I read in April are listed below. To read my reviews (if you haven’t already), click on the title in the following list:
- Joy Fielding All The Wrong Places – Thriller 4 stars
- Sonya Lalli The Matchmaker’s List – Contemporary Romance, Women’s Fiction 4 stars
- Falguni Kothari The Object of Your Affections –
Contemporary Romance, Women’s Fiction – 3 stars
- Michael Thomas Ford Love and Other Curses – Young Adult Contemporary – 4 stars
- Amy Stuart Still Mine – Thriller – 3 stars
- Stacey Halls The Familiars – Historical Fiction – 3 stars
- Minnie Darke Star-Crossed – Contemporary Romance, Women’s Fiction – 4 stars
- Jude Devereux A Willing Murder – Cozy Mystery – 5 stars
- Karen Cleveland Keep You Close – Thriller – 4 stars
- Julie McIsaac We Like Feelings. We Are Serious. – Poetry – 2 stars
I read so many wonderful stories in April but there are two that really stick out in my mind: Jude Devereux’s cozy mystery and Minnie Darke’s debut novel. As much as I loved Star-Crossed, the first in the Medlar series gave me much joy. A Willing Murder, therefore, is my favourite Read of the Month.
I hope you read as many wonderful stories as I did in April. What was your favourite read? Share your choice, or the link to your post, below.
© Colline Kook-Chun, 2019