I am way behind on my book reviews – which is why I am posting my favourite book for February mid-March! I am definitely in the mood for immersing myself in stories and haven’t been taking the time to write down my thoughts. During February, I read 9 books towards my book pledge for 2019 which brings my total to 17 books.
The titles I read in February are listed below. To read my reviews (if you haven’t already), click on the title in the following list:
- The Huntress by Kate Quinn – Historical fiction ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars
- Inkling by Kenneth Oppel – Middle grade fiction ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars
- I invited Her In by Adele Parks – Thriller ⭐⭐⭐ 3 stars
- The Suspect by Fiona Barton – Thriller ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars
- 99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne – Romance ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars
- Chaotic Good by Whitney Gardner – YA Contemporary ⭐⭐⭐ 3 stars
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling (illustrated edition) – YA Fantasy ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars
- The Light Between the Worlds by Laura E. Weymouth – YA Fantasy ⭐⭐⭐ 3 stars
- Heroine by Mindy McGinnis – YA Contemporary ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars
There were so many good books that I read during February which makes it difficult to choose a favourite! I enjoyed re-reading the second story in the Harry Potter series. Heroine and the story of a girl’s addiction is definitely contemporary and an eye opener. Fiona Barton wowed me with her latest thriller – such a good story! My absolute favourite, though, would have to be the historical fiction written by Kate Quinn. The Huntress was the first novel of her that I had read – and I loved it. Quinn is a skilled writer and her story drew me in. It was difficult for me to put the book down and go about my daily responsibilities.
I hope you read as many wonderful stories as I did in February. What was your favourite read? Share your choice, or the link to your post, below.
© Colline Kook-Chun, 2019