During the month of January, I read 8 books towards my book pledge for 2019. According to the website I use to track my reads, I am behind on my pledge. That is understandable as I have begun work and have had not had as much time to read. What I did read, though, I mostly enjoyed.
- Policy of Truth by Scarlett Holloway – romance ⭐⭐ 2 stars
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan – romance, contemporary ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars
- China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan – romance, contemporary ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars
- Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan – romance, contemporary ⭐⭐⭐ 3 stars
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (illustrated edition) by J. K. Rowling – young adult, fantasy ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars
- Catwoman by Sarah J. Maas – young adult, fantasy ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston – young adult, romance ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars
- What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera – young adult, romance ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars
There were a number of books that I enjoyed during the month of January. My favourite novel, though, was a re-read – Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J. K. Rowling. What made this re-read extra special for me were the paintings in the illustrated edition. I savoured the story, the illustrations as well as the characters and fell in love once again with the story. I plan to read again the second novel in the Harry Potter series during the month of February – the other novels I read will be up against a strong competition 🙂
What was your favourite read in January? Share your choice, or the link to your post, below.
© Colline Kook-Chun, 2019