During the month of December, I read a total of 10 books for this year’s Book Pledge, bringing me to a final total of 94. I was able to read so many books during this month because I was on a two week break from work. Even though I spent time with my family during the Holiday period, I was able to spend a couple of hours each morning reading on the sofa.
The titles I read in December are listed below. To read my reviews (if you haven’t already), click on the title in the following list:
- Ahab’s Return by Jeffrey Ford – historical fiction ⭐⭐⭐ 3 stars.
- Miss Marley by Vanessa Lafaye – historical fiction ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars
- The Perfect Girlfriend by Karen Hamilton – psychological thriller ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars
- One Day in December by Josie Silver – contemporary romance ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars
- The Gown by Jennifer Robson – historical fiction ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars
- Christmas at the Little Clock House on the Green by Eve Devon – romance ⭐⭐⭐ 3 stars
- The Field Guide to the North American Teenager by Ben Philippe – contemporary Young Adult ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars
- I Know You Know by Gilly Macmillan – psychological thriller ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars
- Bad Angels by Rebecca Chance – romance ⭐⭐ 2 stars
- The Woman Who Met Her Match – romance ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars
I read a nice mix of genres: romance, thrillers, and historical fiction. As you can see, my favourites were The Gown (historical), The Perfect Girlfriend (thriller), and One Day in December (romance). I loved all three of these novels and would recommend them with no hesitation. As my favourite for the month I would have to pick The Perfect Girlfriend by Karen Hamilton because it was so twisty and surprised me more than once.
What was your favourite read in December? Share your choice, or the link to your post, below.
Favourite Read of the Month:
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
© Colline Kook-Chun, 2019