During the month of November, I read 7 books for this year’s Book Pledge, bringing my total for read books this year to 83. I am wondering whether I will be able to read 100 books this year – so near and yet so far! – but that means I will have to read 17 books total. Even though I am on break, I do not think I will manage it. Maybe 90 books.
The titles I read in November are listed below. To read my reviews (if you haven’t already), click on the title in the following list:
- Beartown by Fredrik Backman – contemporary fiction ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars
- Us Against You by Fredrik Backman – contemporary fiction ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars
- The Silver Queen by Josie Jaffrey – dystopian, fantasy, vampires ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars
- Pride by Ibi Zoboi – young adult, contemporary ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars
- Damsel by Elana K. Arnold – young adult, fantasy ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars
- The Life Lucy Knew by Karma Brown – women’s fiction, contemporary ⭐⭐⭐ 3 stars
- Bring Me Back by B. A. Paris – thriller, psychological thriller, suspense ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars
Reflecting on my choice of reads for the past month, I realise that I have two favourites: Beartown by Fredrik Backman as well as Damsel by Elana K. Arnold. Both novels feature the strength of women and how they find the strength within themselves to change what has been done to them by a man. Even though I love the fantasy novel Damsel, I do choose Beartown to be my book of the month. The novel focuses on so many issues, and it made me feel so many emotions while reading it.
What was your favourite read in November? Share your choice, or the link to your post, below.
Favourite Read of the Month:
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
© Colline Kook-Chun, 2018