During the month of September, I read 8 books for this year’s Book Pledge, bringing my total for read books this year to 66 books. According to the 50 Book Pledge website, I am ahead of my goal – which leads me to wonder whether I read more books than I think I do 😀
The titles I read in September are listed below. To read my reviews (if you haven’t already), click on the title in the following list:
- The Black Witch by Laurie Forest – YA fiction, fantasy ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars.
- The Iron Flower by Laurie Forest – YA fiction, fantasy ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars.
- Heartbreaker by Claudia Dey – women’s fiction ⭐⭐ 2 stars.
- The Winters by Lisa Gabriele – thriller, suspense ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars.
- Born A Crime: Stories From A South African Childhood by Trevor Noah – memoir, non-fiction ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars.
- P. S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han – YA fiction, romance ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars.
- Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han – YA fiction, romance ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars.
- The Woman in the Window by A. J. Finn – psychological thriller, mystery ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars.
Reflecting on my choice of reads for the past month,I would say that I have chosen well. It is difficult to choose my favourite: the choice is between Laurie Forest’s Black Witch Chronicles and Trevor Noah’s memoir. I think I will settle for Laurie Forest’s The Black Witch as this novel not only introduced me to a new fiction writer, but also to a fantasy series that I have grown to love (so much so that I am eagerly waiting for her next novel to come out).
What was your favourite read in July? Share your choice, or the link to your post, below.
Favourite Read of the Month:
© Colline Kook-Chun, 2018