During the month of July , I managed to read 6 books for this year’s Book Pledge, bringing my total for read books this year to 46 books. Even though I was on Summer break from school, my family and I spent 2 weeks in Paris. Sightseeing and family time did not give me much time to read. I did not mind, though, as I knew I could spend days reading once I got back home.
The titles I read in July are listed below. To read my reviews (if you haven’t already), click on the title in the following list:
- Those Other Women by Nicola Moriarty – contemporary women’s fiction ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 stars
- Liar by K.L.Slater – psychological thriller ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 stars
- The Break by Marian Keyes – women’s fiction ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 stars
- Things are Good Now by Djamila Ibrahim – collection of short stories ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 stars
- The Waters and the Wild by Desales Harrison – literary fiction ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 3 stars
- Killer City by Seumas Gallacher – a thriller ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 3 stars
During July there were a few books that I enjoyed as well as a few that disappointed me. My favourite novel would have to be The Break by Marion Keyes. The experience of the main character resonated as there are a number of women who have had to experience a break in their relationship. Keyes writes her story with humour as well as empathy. This novel is one that I will certainly re-read in the future.
What was your favourite read in July? Share your choice, or the link to your post, below.
Favourite Read of the Month:
© Colline Kook-Chun, 2018