During the month of June , I managed to read 7 books for this year’s Book Pledge, bringing my total for read books this year to 40 books.
The titles I read in June are listed below. To read my reviews (if you haven’t already), click on the title in the following list:
- Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner – women’s fiction ⭐⭐ 2 stars
- Sofie & Cecilia by Katherine Ahenburg – women’s fiction, contemporary fiction ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars
- Sofia Khan is not Obliged by Ayisha Malik – women’s fiction, humour ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars
- How to Stop Time by Matt Haig – fantasy, science fiction ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars
- Just Take My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark – thriller ⭐⭐ 2 stars
- The Boat People by Sharon Bala – contemporary fiction⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars
- Still Water by Amy Stuart – thriller ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars
I took pleasure in reading many books during the month of June even though I was disappointed with two writers that I had previously enjoyed (Jennifer Weiner and Mary Higgins Clark). My choice for the book of the month has to be The Boat People by Sharon Bala. This well written novel touched my emotions in so many ways; and encouraged me to think deeply about the plight of the refugees fleeing their birth country. This story was her debut novel and I will be looking out for another tale written by her.
What was your favourite read in May? Share your choice, or the link to your post, below.
Favourite Read of the Month:
© Colline Kook-Chun, 2018