Over the past year or so, bloggers have given me some awards. Due to time constraints, I have not managed to acknowledge their nomination and pass it on. In the past I have spent many hours writing the posts in which I have answered questions and nominated other blogs. I have decided that I shall now acknowledge receiving these gestures of appreciation but I shall not pass them on. I would rather spend the time I have to blog on writing or sharing photos.
Michelle at Book Chat has nominated me for a number of awards in the past year or so. (Thank you Michelle) The first is The Field of Flowers award. The award is meant to show appreciation and is sent to brighten one’s day (as a bouquet of flowers would). Now if there is any blogger you would like to send this bouquet of flowers to, go ahead and grab the button.
Michelle has awarded me with another compliment: The Working to Change the World Award. This award was created to acknowledge bloggers who are working to make a change in the world. Recipients of this Award work hard and sincerely to make the world a better place using their compassion, love and understanding. The question asked in accepting this award is what do I believe would change the world if everyone did it. My answer? Put others before yourself. If we thought of helping others first before looking after our own interests, I think the people in the world would be less self-centred and focused on finding wealth. To me the best example of one who lived like this was Mother Theresa – a woman who put others’ needs before those of her own.
Bulging Buttons has granted me with another award: The Dragon’s Loyalty Award. This award is for the loyal blogger who comments regularly. As you all know, I enjoy commenting on fellow bloggers’ space when I have the time to do so – part of what blogging is about, isn’t it? In accepting the compliment of this award I am asked to list seven interesting things about myself. Many of you know quite a bit about me so I have tried to think of little things you may not yet already know:
- Living in a country far from my land of birth, there are a few treats that I miss eating: the sticky sweetness of koeksusters, the saltiness of biltong, the fishy taste of anchovy paste, the crunchiness of Romany Creams, the tanginess of ripened guavas, and true South African boerewors.
- I enjoy watching super-hero movies. I love it when Marvel creates the next film whether it be about Spiderman, Wolverine, or the X-Men.
- Even though I live in a big city, I love spending time in more natural surroundings. I enjoy time spent away from modern architecture and much prefer the creation of the natural to man-made.
- I have picked up the crochet hook again after eight years of rest. I am now spending less time reading!
- I secretly wish for a personal chef as I enjoy eating a variety of foods but do not really like spending too much time in the kitchen.
- I tasted kale for the first time a few months ago and I loved it. Now every week, this vegetable finds its way into my shopping cart.
- Even though I do not go there often, I enjoy spending time at the beach. I like walking on the soft sand and watching the sun set in the horizon.
I have notifications of other awards in my inbox – those I will share with you in another post as I did not want this one to be too long!
I would love you to share one thing about yourself that we don’t know in the comments.
© Colline Kook-Chun, 2014