It has been a while since I have written an acceptance for an award nomination. The summer holiday is a time during which we can clean up our closets, and attend to those things we keep putting off during the rest of the year. One of my goals this summer is to clear my comment box of all award nominations.
The most recent nomination I have received is the Super Sweet Blogging Award. This award was handed over to me by a couple of people: by Heather at Heather’s Photography who posts some stunning photographs, Tya at Expressions in a Tcup who is soon to be a mom, and Scrapydo at Scrapydo, Everything Crafty whose scrapbooking pages are beautiful.
In accepting this nomination, I need to tell you a little about my sweet tooth 🙂
- Cookies or cake? Both these sweet treats I enjoy. My favourite cake temptation is chocolate mousse cake – I can never refuse a slice. Offer me a cup of tea with a biscuit, and I will accept especially if shortbread is on the platter.
- Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate always wins when it comes to cake. When it comes to biscuit choices, though, the chocolate chip cookies may be set aside for tangy lemon creams and melt-in-your-mouth shortbread.
- Favourite sweet treat? A piece of creamy Lindt chocolate would win hands down. Candy, cake and cookies cannot compete with the creamy sweet texture of chocolate melting in my mouth.
- When do you crave sweet things the most? I have noticed that my craving for sweet things increases when I am very tired. And after a good meal, nothing is sweeter than a piece of chocolate.
- My sweet nickname?My nicknames do not tend to bring sweet things to mind. Though my husband has lately picked up the Canadian endearment “sweets” 🙂
For my nominations I am to choose a sweet baker’s dozen. I have noticed that most of the blogs I follow are award-free. I mention the ones I feel are super sweet, but know that some will not write an acceptance post. Try out the sweetness of the following bloggers:
- Sonel’s Corner: for some beautiful photographs and a super sweet South African.
- Francine in Retirement: for beautiful photos and interesting posts that are often uplifting.
- Leanne Cole Photography: her photos are creative and artistic.
- Building a Life of Hope: I enjoy reading her well-written scenarios.
- Colonialist’s Blog: For some witty writing and interesting photos from time to time.
- Pride in Photos: Not only do I enjoy looking at the photos, but I also enjoy reading her pieces of advice on photography.
- 50 Year Project: A blog that centres on books, movies, and travels – all of which form part of her goal to visit 192 countries, read 1001 books, and watch the top 100 movies of all time.
- Ruth Hendricks Photography: for beautiful photographs.
- A Window into the Woods: A view into a back yard with a difference. I enjoy reading – and looking at – the antics of Suzanne’s animal visitors.
- My Wall: For beautiful photos and poetry.
- Restlessjo: I enjoy reading about her travels and visiting all the places she has been through her photographs.
- From the Bartolini Kitchens: This is more than a food blog. John links his recipes to childhood and family stories, making his recipes more than just food.
- This Man’s Journey: for inspiring posts.
Visit these bloggers to find out why I enjoy them and see if you agree with me.