Last week I was given an award I had not heard of before: The Epically Awesome Award of Epic Awesomeness. The title makes me smile – as does the blogger, Alex, who nominated me for this unusual award. Alex: a woman who posts on interesting thoughts and ideas, a woman who tells it like it is, a woman who often makes me chuckle or think seriously about what she has introduced to blogger conversation. Her blog, …Things I Love, does not focus on only one topic of interest, but instead on the spectrum of things in this world that she enjoys. I smile because the title of this award is a name I would definitely associate with her.
As with any award, there are some expectations that come with it:
- Write ten things about yourself
- Nominate 10 blogs that you find awesome (and, of course, let the bloggers know about this awesome award).
I prefer, however, to follow the example of Alex and bend the “rules” a little. Instead of ten personal things about myself, I will share ten things that I find to be truly awesome in this world.
- Ave Maria: This is a hymn that still brings goosebumps to my skin no matter how often I hear it.
- The Argentine Tango: This tango is one of my favourite dances to watch. I love the quick movements, and the passion that the dancers ehibit.
- Strictly Ballroom: the best modern dance movie in my opinion. This satirical reflection of the competitive dance world reminds me so much of what I experienced when competing.
- The Cheetah: My favourite land animal is the cheetah. Not only do I find this cat beautiful, but I believe it to be graceful as it stalks and runs for its prey.
- The Peacock: I marvel at the beauty of the peacock, my favourite bird. The colours of its feathers are stunning as they parade in the sunlight.
- The Lord of the Rings: I have been a fan of Tolkien since I read “The Hobbit” when I was 11 years old. My favourite novel is certainly “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy. When the film came out, I was not disappointed. It is time, I think, I watch/read this story again. The story is exciting, and the cinematography in the film is just, well, awesome!
- Braveheart: The theme of amazing cinematography is seen again, I believe, in this heart-rending film.
- Gangnam Style: There are many versions of this song created by Psy. My favourite one has to be the one performed by the Ohio Marching Band.
- Gumboot Dancing: I have always found this athletic dance interesting to watch – from the time I was young when we used to go on a Sunday afternoon to watch the miners sing and dance.
- Ladysmith Black Mambazo: This group of men who sing acapella never fail to impress me whenever I listen to them.
There are so many more awesome things in this world – but I shall stop here 🙂
Now to share some awesome blogs. These are 10 of the bloggers that I follow and read as often as I am able. A visit to them may introduce you to someone whose awesomeness you would enjoy.
- John who blogs at from the Bartolini kitchens.
- Francine who blogs at Francine in Retirement.
- Leanne who blogs at Leanne Cole Photography.
- Suzanne who blogs at A Window in the Woods.
- Frank who blogs at A Frank Angle.
- TBM who blogs at 50 Year Project.
- Vladimir who blogs at Wind against Current.
- Elizabeth who blogs at Mirth and Motivation.
- Laurie who blogs at Pride in Photos.
- Ruth who blogs at Ruth E Hendricks Photography.