George at She Kept A Parrot has complimented me with the One Lovely Blog Award. What can I say about this blogger? What first attracted me to her blog space were her photos – not only the way in which they were taken, but also the subject matter. These are always interesting and I enjoy looking at them. But the posts on this blog are not only photographs. This woman who “keeps a parrot” writes on whatever comes to mind: her personal experiences, her thoughts, her ideas. And having lived for seventy years, she has had a lot of time in which to develop her opinions.
Rules of acceptance:
- Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
- Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them
In order not to bore my regular readers with facts about myself which they may already know, I have decided to walk you through the day I experienced yesterday. Within this description, you may find that you discover these seven unknown “facts” about myself.
A day in the life of Colline:
I woke up with the knowledge that today I had a job; and with the knowledge that the children I would spend time with were polite and followed instructions. Having been with this class before, I knew that today would not be a day spent wishing for time to pass quickly. I followed my weekly morning routine: publishing my blog post (that I had written the previous day); preparing lunch for myself and my children; showering, eating and getting ready to leave. Kisses good-bye and I left home, hefting my bag on my shoulder.
As the school today was within walking distance, I left 30 minutes before my starting time. Five minutes into the walk and I began to feel the heat. Today, I realised, was going to be one those hot and humid summer days that made one think regretfully of the past cooler spring days. By the time I had reached the school, I was longing for a cool drink and an air-conditioned space. That was a dream, however, as the room was already heated when I walked in. I opened the windows and switched the fans on, hoping to cool the atmosphere before the children entered.
As expected, I did not have a difficult day: the children were respectful; willing to do the tasks set by their teacher; and well-behaved. They were, however, feeling hot. Their red faces were before me as they asked questions, or set down to work. I had many requests of “puis-je aller boire?” – a request I could not refuse as I, too, was drinking continuously from my water bottle.
I was thankful when the end of the school day arrived as that meant I could leave the classroom. It was not much cooler walking home but I knew, when I arrived home, I would be able to wash my face with cold water and drink a long cool drink. Once home, I followed through on my desire. Once some household chores were done and a bit of homework help, I sat down with my family to eat the dinner hubby had cooked. And then? A little internet, a little TV, and afterwards time to sleep to rejuvenate myself for the next day.
Now some nominations:
These are the blogs that I love to read on a regular basis. I have not included in my list those that have already received this award:
- A Window into the Woods: Suzanne is such fun to read – and I love her photographs too.
- Cee’s Life Photography Blog: I enjoy looking at the photographs on this blog
- Photography of Nia: Her beautiful “paintings” are always lovely to look at. And, of course, I love looking at the pictures of her home town, Istanbul
- Life in Kawagoe: Cocomino writes about his life in Japan
- A Food Addict: The postings of a woman who has lost over 100lbs
- Wilden Marsh: Stunning photos of nature that are helping me learn more about our world
- Magsx2 Blog: A versatile blog with many interesting posts
- 50 Year Project: Journey with this blogger as she reads, watches, and travels her list
- This Man’s Journey: Written by a man who began his life’s journey living on an island
- Have a Dream: Michael writes on his experiences and dreams and often writes on quotes to help you think a little of your thoughts and dreams
There are other blogs that I would have loved to nominate – but unfortunately someone else did so before me 🙂
© Colline Kook-Chun, 2012