At the end of the second week of February, I received a nomination for the Versatile Blogger Award. Two people, whose blog posts I read frequently, surprised me with this compliment:
- An amateur photographer (amateur as in non-professioanal) at Taking Snaps, not only shows us her interesting photos but also blogs about her personal life. Reading her posts also helps me to think about how I would like to take my own photos.
- Live, Love and Pray is a blog written by a brain aneurysm survivor. I find her blog posts inspiring as they often link in some way to a deep faith in God.
I was working on my acceptance post I received another nomination for this award from Christine at somethingville.com. Christine blogs on food and showcases some of her beautiful photographs.
What, exactly, is the Versatile Blogger Award? It is a way in which bloggers can support each other and recognize versatile, interesting, and helpful blogs.
As with all awards, there are a few rules to follow when you accept the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post (I would, once again, like to thank: Taking Snaps, Live, Love and Pray , as well as Christine at somethingville.com)
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass the award on to 15 more bloggers that you enjoy
- Contact the people you have nominated.
Here are 7 things you don’t yet know about me (this required some thought as I did not want to repeat what I had written previously in my acceptance of the Kreativ Blogger Award):
- My arrival in Toronto has led me to enjoy a national hot beverage: a Tim Hortons coffee. My favourite is the vanilla flavoured coffee.
- I became a Star Wars fan in the late 70s with the release of the first movie.
- I often find cooking a chore. I do not, however, resort to the ready made meals from supermarkets or fast foods as I believe in the nutritional value found in meals made at home from scratch.
- Our home is not always as tidy as I would like it to be.
- I listen to music whenever I do household chores: which includes cleaning, laundry, and cooking!
- An afternoon of relaxation, for me, is sitting curled up on the sofa reading a good book and sipping a cup of tea.
- No longer living in South Africa, the snack I miss most is finely cut biltong.
I have decided to nominate the following bloggers for this award (in no particular order):
- Studio Michael James: A photo blog
- D F Barker: A blog for reading poetry and looking at watercolour paintings
- J B Camera: A photo blog with written commentary
- Scottseyephotos: A photoblog featuring nature photography
- …Things I love: Featuring photos and narrative
- Short Stories: A range of short fiction
- A Window into the Woods: An interesting look at wildlife via photos and images
- One Life, This Life: A photo blog with some narrative
- Have a Dream: Some thought-provoking posts
- Redemption’s Beauty: Posts written from a Christian viewpoint
- Postcard Fiction: Fiction written in 50 words
- Living Life in Glorious Colour: A photo blog with some narrative
- Northern Narratives: A photo blog
- Making Photographs: A photo blog
- Brianna Headon: A blog written from a Christian woman’s perspective
I hope you enjoy these blogs as much as I do.