This past week I received an unexpected nomination for the Liebster Blog Award.
Rana, a blogger who has a passion for words, nominated me after she, herself, had received the award from a fellow blogger. I have recently discovered Rana’s blog, titled simply Rana Armoush, and am slowly getting to know her. I enjoy reading her poems, as well as her little character shots written in prose. Her posts, however, are not restricted to her creative writing endouvers as she writes on spirituality and other issues.
What is the Liebster Blog Award exactly? Leibster is a German word meaning dearest. However, in the context of blog writing, it can also mean favourite. The award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers in acknowledgement of the good articles and posts they have written. In presenting a fellow blogger with the reward, the nominee is encouraging him/her to continue creating interesting and inspiring posts.
The rules fo receiving the Liebster Blog Award are as follows:
- Thank the fellow blogger who nominated you. (Thank you once again Rana)
- Link back to the person who awarded you. (You can find her posts at http://ranaarmoush.wordpress.com/)
- List five blogs that have affected your writing in a positive manner. (Detailed below)
- Leave comments on those blogs to let them know of the nominations.
- Post the award on your blog. (This I need to figure out how to do. Please help 🙂 )
And, of course, continue writing posts that caused you to recieve the reward in the first place (this is definately my intention!).
I have nominated the following blogs for the Liebster Award:
- Taking Snaps is a photo blog. I enjoy looking at her photographs and reading the accounts of her daily activity.
- If you enjoy watercolour painting and poetry, then Francis Barker’s blog, titled d_fblog, is the place for you to enjoy these creative offerings.
- The blog titled A Food Addict is an inspiring story of a woman on her way to becoming a slimmer version of herself.
- Another photography blog, Se Perdre dans les Images gives daily offerings of interesting photographs to look at.
- I enjoy reading Alex’s posts on her blog ….Things I Love, as well as looking at her photographs. Hers is more than a photo blog, though, and often reading her posts leaves a smile on my face.
I enjoy reading these blog and hope you will too.